Murphy Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 430 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 90%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 21% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
21% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 35% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Murphy Elementary School?
430 students attend Murphy Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
42% of Murphy Elementary School students are Hispanic, 19% of students are Asian, 19% of students are Black, 10% of students are White, 8% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Murphy Elementary School?
Murphy Elementary School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Murphy Elementary School offer ?
Murphy Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
View the Murphy Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Murphy Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities