Pinole Middle School
- Pinole Middle School's student population of 505 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pinole Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7621 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Contra Costa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pinole Shannon Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 317 students
685 Marlesta Rd.
Pinole, CA 94564
(510) 231-1454 0.5 K-6 317
- San Pablo Tara Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 464 students
2300 Dolan Way
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 231-1428 0.7 K-6 464
- Pinole Collins Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 332 students
1224 Pinole Valley Rd.
Pinole, CA 94564
(510) 231-1446 0.9 K-6 332
- El Sobrante Harbour Way Elementary Community Day Grades: K-8 | 3 students
1121 Allview Ave
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510) 231-1438 0.9 K-8 3
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.