Murray Middle School
Murray Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Murray Middle School's student population of 718 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||718 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murray Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1395 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Paul Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Murray Middle School is Anna Westin House (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Anna Westin House Grades: 4-12 | 9 students
2230 Como Ave W
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651) 645-5323 0.3 4-12 9
- Saint Paul St. Anthony Park Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 509 students
2180 Knapp St
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651) 293-8735 0.5 K-6 509
- Inver Grove Heights Discovery Charter Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 180 students
4100 East 66th Street Ste 2
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
(651) 444-8464 0.6 K-6 180
- Minneapolis Rondo Campus Grades: 9-12 | 166 students
1821 University Ave W
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 722-5416 1.0 9-12 166
- Saint Paul Jennings Experiential High School Grades: 7-12 | 96 students
2455 University Ave West
Saint Paul, MN 55114
(651) 649-5403 1.4 7-12 96
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.