Franklin School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public schools in Franklin School District, serving 308 students. Franklin School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Nebraska.
- Public schools in Franklin School District have an average math proficiency score of 68% (versus the Nebraska public school average of 51%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 51% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 10/10, which is in the top 10% of public schools in Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nebraska public school average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Nebraska public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Franklin School District|
|School District Phone Number||(308) 425-6283|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,097 Schools|
|# of Students||308 Students||323,847 Students|
|# of Teachers||32 Teachers||23,776 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||14:1|
- Franklin School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 248 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#19 out of 248 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||4,446 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||8,959 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 Students||60,839 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||21,654 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||293 Students||215,249 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||450 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||12,250 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||31||17,513|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||15||23,239|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||20||22,902|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||21||23,568|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||23||24,184|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||21||24,178|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||18||22,561|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21||23,678|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||14||23,359|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||15||23,730|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||30||23,832|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||27||23,747|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||21||23,007|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||31||24,349|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,773 is higher than the state median of $17,458. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,253 is higher than the state median of $17,165. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,773||$17,458|
|Revenue / Student||$17,253||$17,165|
Franklin School District Public Schools (2021)
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.