Top Polk County Public High Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 top public high schools in Polk County, Nebraska, serving 410 students.
- Polk County, NE public schools have a diversity score of 0.14, which is lower than the Nebraska average of 0.27.
- Minority enrollment is 7% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Top Polk County Public High Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Polk High Plains Community High School345 S Pine, Po Box 29
Polk, NE 68654
Grades: 9-12 | 86 students
- Osceola Osceola High School565 S Kimmel, Po Box 198
Osceola, NE 68651
Grades: 9-12 | 76 students
- Shelby Shelby - Rising City High School650 N Walnut, Po Box 218
Shelby, NE 68662
Grades: 9-12 | 126 students
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.