- High Plains Elementary/polk's student population of 32 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-5|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- High Plains Elementary/polk is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 918 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||High Plains Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Polk High Plains Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 86 students
345 S Pine, Po Box 29
Polk, NE 68654
(402)765-3331 0.1 9-12 86
- Stromsburg Cross County Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 170 students
1270 123rd Road, Po Box 525
Stromsburg, NE 68666
(402)764-5521 9.3 PK-5 170
- Stromsburg Cross County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 77 students
1270 123rd Rd, Po Box 525
Stromsburg, NE 68666
(402)764-5521 9.3 6-8 77
- Clarks High Plains Community Elem/clarks Grades: PK-3 | 64 students
205 Pearl St, Po Box 205
Clarks, NE 68628
(308)548-2216 10.4 PK-3 64
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.