Nelson Elementary School
- Nelson Elementary School's student population of 68 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nelson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#272 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Nelson School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Nelson Elementary School is Making Community Connections Charter School - Monadnock (9.5 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Marlborough Elementary School (8.7 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is James Faulkner Elementary School (4.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stoddard James Faulkner Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 82 students
200 School St.
Stoddard, NH 03464
(603)446-3348 4.3 K-5 82
- Harrisville Wells Memorial School Grades: K-6 | 56 students
235 Chesham Rd.
Harrisville, NH 03450
(603)827-3272 5.9 K-6 56
- Gilsum Gilsum Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 59 students
640 Route 10
Gilsum, NH 03448
(603)352-2226 6.3 K-6 59
- Marlow John D. Perkins Academy Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
919 Nh, Rte. 10
Marlow, NH 03456
(603)446-3307 8.3 PK-6 38
- Hancock Hancock Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 47 students
10 Elementary Ln.
Hancock, NH 03449
(603)525-3303 8.6 K-4 47
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.