Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School District serving 393 students in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New Jersey state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Perth Amboy Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School 612 Amboy Ave
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Grades: 9-12 | 393 students
|School District Name||Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||393 students|
|# of Teachers||35 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||148 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||245 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||367 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||21 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||85|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Academy For Urban Leadership Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.