New Lexington Elementary School
New Lexington Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- New Lexington Elementary School's student population of 362 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Lexington Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||El Monte City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South El Monte Wilkerson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 507 students
2700 N. Doreen Ave.
South El Monte, CA 91733
(626)575-2331 0.2 K-6 507
- El Monte El Monte High School Grades: 9-12 | 1830 students
3048 N. Tyler Ave.
El Monte, CA 91731
(626)444-7701 0.5 9-12 1830
- El Monte Miramonte Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 494 students
10620 Schmidt Rd.
El Monte, CA 91732
(626)652-4600 0.5 K-6 494
- South El Monte Cortada Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 425 students
3111 N. Potrero Ave.
South El Monte, CA 91733
(626)575-2391 0.7 K-6 425
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.