New Searles School
New Searles School serves 376 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
New Searles School placed in the top 30% of all schools in New Hampshire for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the New Hampshire state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is approximately equal to the New Hampshire state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the New Hampshire state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is higher than the New Hampshire state average of 14% (majority Hispanic and Asian).
New Searles School's student population of 376 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
New Searles School is ranked within the top 30% of all 455 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of New Searles School is 0.42, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NH)
Overall Testing Rank
#115 out of 455 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NH Dept. of Education
Review New Searles School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Children and Co-Ed Instruction
Learn about how female and male students learn differently in the classroom.
Understanding the National PTA
Learn about how the national PTA works and interacts with your local PTA.
Understanding Your Local PTA
Learn about how your local PTA works and how getting involved can help your community.