New Trier Township H S Northfield
Top Placements (Illinois)
New Trier Township H S Northfield is Listed among the top public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- New Trier Township H S Northfield's student population of 962 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 90 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9|
|Total Students||962 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Trier Township H S Northfield is ranked within the top 20% of all 3544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of New Trier Township H S Northfield is New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District's student population of 3,968 students has decreased by 6% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 99% has increased from 96% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $26,217 is higher than the state average of $13,105. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $24,904 is higher than the state average of $13,417. The district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|School District Name||New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,968||803|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||≥99%|
|District Total Revenue||$111 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$106 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$26,217||$13,105|
|District Spending / Student||$24,904||$13,417|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenview Avoca West Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 457 students
235 Beech Dr
Glenview, IL 60025
(847)724-6800 0.8 K-5 457
- Wilmette Marie Murphy School Grades: 6-8 | 267 students
2921 Illinois Rd
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847)251-3617 0.9 6-8 267
- Winnetka Middlefork Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 212 students
405 Wagner Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
(847)881-9505 1.2 PK-3 212
- Glenview Pleasant Ridge Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 540 students
1730 Sunset Ridge Rd
Glenview, IL 60025
(847)998-5050 1.3 3-5 540
- Winnetka Carleton W Washburne School Grades: 7-8 | 437 students
515 Hibbard Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
(847)446-5892 1.4 7-8 437
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.