New Washington Elementary School
- New Washington Elementary School's student population of 307 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||307 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Washington Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#322 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Greater Clark County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to New Washington Elementary School is New Washington Middle/High School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Washington New Washington Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 344 students
226 N Hwy 62
New Washington, IN 47162
(812) 293-3368 0.1 6-12 344
- Lexington Lexington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 209 students
7980 E Walnut St
Lexington, IN 47138
(812) 752-8924 7.7 K-5 209
- La Grange Luther Luckett Education Center
Box 6 Dawkins Road
La Grange, KY 40031
(502) 222-0365 9.7 n/a n/a
- Charlestown Pleasant Ridge Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 509 students
1250 Monroe St
Charlestown, IN 47111
(812) 256-7286 10.1 PK-2 509
- Hanover Southwestern Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 685 students
273 South Main Street
Hanover, IN 47243
(812) 866-6215 10.5 PK-5 685
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.