Elmsford Union Free School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Elmsford Union Free School District, serving 183 students. public preschool in Elmsford Union Free School District have a diversity score of 0.57, which is less than the New York public preschool average of 0.74.
- The most diverse pre school in Elmsford Union Free School District is Carl L Dixson Elementary School, with 0.58 diversity score. Read more about public pre school diversity statistics in New York or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York public preschool average of 65% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the New York public preschool average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Elmsford Union Free School District|
|School District Website||http://www.eufsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(914) 592-6632|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,325 Schools|
|# of Students||183 Students||660,091 Students|
|# of Teachers||13 Teachers||50,975 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#540 out of 787 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||6,420 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||30 Students||69,125 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||114 Students||198,548 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||20 Students||135,035 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||16 Students||231,579 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||2,158 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||17,226 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36||51,478|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77||98,695|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||70||94,187|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||92,069|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||87,880|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||86,640|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||81,731|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||24,167|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||14,067|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||13,937|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||2,238|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,026|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||1,961|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,934|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||7,081|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $33,189 in this school district is less than the state median of $36,800. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,718 is less than the state median of $35,944. The school district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$34 MM||$34 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$33,189||$36,800|
|Revenue / Student||$33,718||$35,944|
Elmsford Union Free School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Carl L Dixson Elementary School22 S Hillside Ave
Elmsford, NY 10523
Grades: PK-1 | 183 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.