Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District, serving 1,108 students.
- Public elementary school in Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District have an average math proficiency score of 67% (versus the New York public elementary school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 67% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the top 20% of public elementary schools in New York.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York public elementary school average of 58% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the New York public elementary school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District|
|School District Website||http://www.hohschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(914)478-6205|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||3,639 Schools|
|# of Students||1,108 Students||1,884,869 Students|
|# of Teachers||92 Teachers||145,154 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
- Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 743 school districts in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||13,644 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||55 Students||174,552 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||145 Students||528,938 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||25 Students||330,182 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||807 Students||783,244 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,837 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||75 Students||49,472 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||49,134|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||109||188,393|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||127||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||132||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||115||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||108||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||130||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||134||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||137||170,338|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||116||167,827|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||22,894|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||21,746|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||18,773|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||18,467|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||28,474|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $26,487 in this school district is less than the state average of $32,776. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,123 is less than the state average of $34,144. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$42 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$38 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$26,487||$32,776|
|Spending / Student||$24,123||$34,144|
Hastings-On-Hudson Union Free School District Public Elementary Schools (2020)
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.