Island Park Union Free School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Island Park Union Free School District, serving 758 students.
- Public school in Island Park Union Free School District have an average math proficiency score of 53% (versus the New York public school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 51% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in New York.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York public school average of 57% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the New York public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Island Park Union Free School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ips.k12.ny.us|
|School District Phone Number||(516)434-2600|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||4,796 Schools|
|# of Students||758 Students||2,697,340 Students|
|# of Teachers||74 Teachers||204,832 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
- Island Park Union Free School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 777 school districts in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||18,915 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||24 Students||250,784 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||263 Students||726,968 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 Students||462,099 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||432 Students||1,167,330 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 Students||6,859 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 Students||64,385 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60||51,929|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||83||192,603|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||64||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||67||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||71||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||73||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||80||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76||197,065|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||77||198,053|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||218,199|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||211,573|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||194,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||193,423|
|# of Ungraded Students:||6||41,125|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $43,515 is higher than the state average of $32,776. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $45,464 is higher than the state average of $34,144. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$43,515||$32,776|
|Spending / Student||$45,464||$34,144|
Island Park Union Free School District Public Schools (2020)
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.