Nokomis Regional High School
Nokomis Regional High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Nokomis Regional High School's student population of 628 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||628 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nokomis Regional High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#281 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 19 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport Sebasticook Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 313 students
337 Williams Road
Newport, ME 04953
(207)368-4592 0.4 5-8 313
- Corinna Corinna Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 158 students
42 Stetson Rd
Corinna, ME 04928
(207)278-4263 3.5 PK-4 158
- Saint Albans St Albans Consolidated Grades: K-4 | 86 students
129 Hartland Road
Saint Albans, ME 04971
(207)938-4581 6.3 K-4 86
- Hartland Hartland Consolidated School Grades: PK-4 | 170 students
62 Elm Street
Hartland, ME 04943
(207)938-4456 7.4 PK-4 170
I graduated from Nokomis in 1981, Spent my last year in Night school, Most of the teachers there were great. I had one exceptional teacher, God rest his soul, Mr Savage spent alot of time helping me with things I didnt understand, Im now a manager in Florida, And alot of what he taught me I use on a daily basis.
- Posted by Parent - lumpk
This school is a king and respectful environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - caitl
A. Academic Programs, average at best. Teachers only care about a pay check and a liberal agenda. B. Sports, Art, Music and Sports programs above average. World class music program. C. Academic and Athletic awards. No comment yet. D. Facilities. POOR, DUMPY, OLD!!! A can of paint goes a long way! The place just plain smells! E. Parent involvement falls on Def ears with the staff. If you are not below the poverty line, gay, or a minority, you will not get help here. Not stirring up trouble, just fact!
- Posted by Teacher - ibone