North Albany Academy
- North Albany Academy's student population of 402 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Albany Academy's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3850 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albany City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Kipp Technical Valley Charter School Grades: 5-8 | 415 students
321 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12201
(518)694-9494 0.7 5-8 415
- Albany Green Technical High Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 353 students
99 Slingerland St
Albany, NY 12202
(518)694-3400 0.8 9-12 353
- Albany Arbor Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 382 students
1 Arbor Dr
Albany, NY 12207
(518)475-6625 0.9 PK-6 382
- Albany Menands School Grades: K-8 | 254 students
19 Wards Ln
Albany, NY 12204
(518)465-4561 0.9 K-8 254
- Albany Sheridan Preparatory Academy Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
400 Sheridan Ave
Albany, NY 12206
(518)475-6850 1.5 PK-5 390
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.