Arts Based School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Arts Based School District serving 518 students in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Arts Based School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Winston Salem The Arts Based School 1380 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Grades: K-8 | 518 students
|School District Name||Arts Based School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||518|
|# of Teachers||34|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||205|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||313|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||20|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||118|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||342|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||29|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||61|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Arts Based School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,298 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,969. The school district revenue/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,559 is less than the state average of $8,766. The school district spending/student has declined by 17% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,298||$8,969|
|Spending / Student||$6,559||$8,766|
We’ll report on a new partnership between schools in Chicago and Boston that is bringing an award-winning digital education platform to their schools. So what exactly is Boom Writer?
We've put together this resource guide to help students and adults get the help they require to choose a good language immersion program.
We examine the oldest school district west of the Mississippi River – the Hawaii Department of Education.