Magellan Charter School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Magellan Charter School District serving 406 students in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Magellan Charter School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Raleigh Magellan Charter 9324 Baileywick Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
Grades: 3-8 | 406 students
|School District Name||Magellan Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||406 students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||196 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||210 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||26 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||339 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Magellan Charter School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,795 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,693. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,778 is less than the state average of $9,473. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,795||$9,693|
|Spending / Student||$7,778||$9,473|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?