North Central Elementary School
North Central Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- North Central Elementary School's student population of 192 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Central Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#673 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Central Area Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Powers North Central Area Juniorsenior High School Grades: 7-12 | 173 students
3795 Hwy Us 2 41
Powers, MI 49874
(906) 497-5226 4.3 7-12 173
- Powers Phoenix Alternative High School Grades: 9-12 | 62 students
W3719 Grove Lane, Po Box 395
Powers, MI 49874
(906) 497-5282 4.3 9-12 62
- Wilson Hannahville Indian School Grades: K-12 | 163 students
N14911 Hannahville B-1 Rd
Wilson, MI 49896
(906) 466-2952 7.9 K-12 163
- Carney Carneynadeau School Grades: PK-12 | 257 students
151 Us 41
Carney, MI 49812
(906) 639-2171 9.1 PK-12 257
- Harris Bark Riverharris Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 397 students
Hwy Us 2 41
Harris, MI 49845
(906) 466-5334 12.4 PK-6 397
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.