White Shield School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in White Shield School District, serving 161 students. White Shield School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in North Dakota.
- public school in White Shield School District have a diversity score of 0.00, which is less than the North Dakota public school average of 0.43.
- The most diverse school in White Shield School District is White Shield School, with 0.00 diversity score. Read more about public school diversity statistics in North Dakota or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the North Dakota public school average of 26% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the North Dakota public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||White Shield School District|
|School District Website||http://www.white-shield.k12.nd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(701) 743-4350|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ND)|
|# of Schools||1 School||543 Schools|
|# of Students||161 Students||116,329 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||9,286 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||12:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 40-59% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ND)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||11-19%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||161 Students||14,093 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,768 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||5,527 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a||5,513 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||n/a||86,393 Students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||306 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||2,729 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||2,775|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13||9,759|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||10||9,123|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||13||9,108|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13||9,271|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15||9,196|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11||9,149|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||13||8,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||7||8,696|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10||8,610|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||11||8,449|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||17||7,957|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||15||7,736|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||13||7,533|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
White Shield School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- White Shield School2 2nd Ave. West
Roseglen, ND 58775
Grades: K-12 | 161 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.