Oak Grove High School
- Oak Grove High School's student population of 493 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||493 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Grove High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#669 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Carroll Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Grove Oak Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 421 students
206 Tiger Drive
Oak Grove, LA 71263
(318) 428-4810 0.3 PK-5 421
- Forest Forest School Grades: PK-12 | 547 students
158 Clover Street
Forest, LA 71242
(318) 428-3672 4.9 PK-12 547
- Lake Providence Washington Academy Charter School Grades: 8-12 | 99 students
1900 Marietta St
Lake Providence, LA 71254
(870) 772-4792 9.2 8-12 99
- Lake Providence Griffin Middle School Academy Grades: 6-8 | 245 students
1205 Gould Street
Lake Providence, LA 71254
(318) 559-1395 12.9 6-8 245
OG is filled with teachers and staff who show complete favoritism and even on occasion bully students who don't academically maintain a high GPA or are not successful athletes. If you did not grow up or graduate from this school or have a very strong athlete, then please do not consider enrolling your child as they will be overlooked and left behind. There are a few teachers who do care about the students education but several are only there because they want the same hours as their children and conduct themselves more like teenagers than adults.
- Posted by Parent - Past Graduate
Oak Grove High School is entirely centered around the athletics dept. If you are not involved in sports, you are considered little to nothing on the food chain. I have since taken my children out of oak grove and relocated them to West Ouachita. I assure you that if your child is enrolled in Oak Grove High School, he/she will not be considered as important to society if he/she is not enrolled in a sports program.
- Posted by Parent - jbuff
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.