Oak Grove High School
- Oak Grove High School's student population of 470 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 56% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||470 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Grove High School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#574 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Carroll Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Grove Oak Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 455 students
206 Tiger Drive
Oak Grove, LA 71263
(318)428-4810 0.3 PK-5 455
- Forest Forest School Grades: PK-12 | 555 students
158 Clover Street
Forest, LA 71242
(318)428-3672 4.9 PK-12 555
- Lake Providence Monticello High School Grades: K-12 | 240 students
1046 Highway 577
Lake Providence, LA 71254
(318)552-6366 9.2 K-12 240
- Lake Providence Griffin Middle School Academy Grades: 6-8 | 242 students
1205 Gould Street
Lake Providence, LA 71254
(318)559-1395 12.9 6-8 242
Oak Grove High School is entirely centered around the athletics dept. If you are not involved in sports, you are considered little to nothing on the food chain. I have since taken my children out of oak grove and relocated them to West Ouachita. I assure you that if your child is enrolled in Oak Grove High School, he/she will not be considered as important to society if he/she is not enrolled in a sports program.
- Posted by Parent - jbuff
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.