Gallia County Local School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 8 public schools in Gallia County Local School District, serving 2,294 students.
- Public school in Gallia County Local School District have an average math proficiency score of 57% (versus the Ohio public school average of 62%), and reading proficiency score of 59% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Gallia County Local School District|
|School District Website||http://www.gallialocal.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(740)379-9085|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||8 Schools||3,600 Schools|
|# of Students||2,294 Students||1,702,321 Students|
|# of Teachers||145 Teachers||94,957 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
- Gallia County Local School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 938 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||2,101 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||40,791 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||19 Students||97,208 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||62 Students||282,313 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,145 Students||1,190,519 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||58 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||145||37,404|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||173||122,925|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||180||123,083|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||148||123,814|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||168||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||162||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||154||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||179||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||176||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||168||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||212||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||171||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||131||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||127||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,035 is higher than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,196 is higher than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$31 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,035||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$15,196||$11,659|
Gallia County Local School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Addaville Elementary School 1333 Brick School Rd
Gallipolis, OH 45631
Grades: PK-5 | 353 students
- Hannan Trace Elementary School 9345 State Route 218
Crown City, OH 45623
Grades: PK-5 | 238 students
- River Valley Middle School 8779 State Route 160
Bidwell, OH 45614
Grades: 6-8 | 396 students
- South Gallia High School 55 Rebel Dr
Crown City, OH 45623
Grades: 9-12 | 181 students
- South Gallia Middle School 55 Rebel Dr
Crown City, OH 45623
Grades: 6-8 | 127 students
- Southwestern Elementary School 4834 State Route 325
Patriot, OH 45658
Grades: PK-5 | 164 students
- Vinton Elementary School 123 Keystone Rd
Vinton, OH 45686
Grades: PK-5 | 375 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.