Licking Valley Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Licking Valley Local School District serving 1,957 students in Newark, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the state average of 18:1.
Licking Valley Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newark Licking Valley Elementary School1510 Licking Valley Rd Ne
Newark, OH 43055
Grades: K-5 | 914 students
- Newark Licking Valley High School100 Hainsview Dr
Newark, OH 43055
Grades: 9-12 | 577 students
- Newark Licking Valley Middle School1379 Licking Valley Rd
Newark, OH 43055
Grades: 6-8 | 466 students
|School District Name||Licking Valley Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,957 students|
|# of Teachers||106 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||992 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||965 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||12 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,882 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||54 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||140|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||155|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||121|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Licking Valley Local School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,302 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,280 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,302||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$9,280||$11,715|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.