Northeastern Local School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 4 public schools in Northeastern Local School District, serving 1,114 students. Northeastern Local School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Ohio.
- Public schools in Northeastern Local School District have an average math proficiency score of 79% (versus the Ohio public school average of 62%), and reading proficiency score of 74% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Northeastern Local School District|
|School District Website||http://www.tinora.org|
|School District Phone Number||(419) 497-3461|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||3,601 Schools|
|# of Students||1,114 Students||1,702,421 Students|
|# of Teachers||63 Teachers||94,962 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Northeastern Local School District, which is ranked within the9/, top 20% of all 938 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||2,106 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||40,793 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||83 Students||97,214 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||14 Students||282,328 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||988 Students||1,190,589 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||37,419|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||107||122,940|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84||123,093|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||82||123,824|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||83||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||88||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||103||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||86||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||93||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||104||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||79||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||64||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||59||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||50|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,132 in this school district is less than the state average of 12577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,179 is less than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||10502000|
|Revenue / Student||$10,132||12577|
|Spending / Student||$9,179||11659|
Northeastern Local School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Tinora Elementary School 5751 Domersville Rd
Defiance, OH 43512
Grades: 2-6 | 438 students
- Tinora Junior High School 5921 Domersville Rd
Defiance, OH 43512
Grades: 7-8 | 179 students
- Noble Elementary School10553 Haller St
Defiance, OH 43512
Grades: K-1 | 191 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.