Wellsville Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Wellsville Local School District serving 806 students in Wellsville, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Wellsville Local School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Wellsville Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||806 students|
|# of Teachers||54 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||378 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||428 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||8 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||702 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||72 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||62|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||54|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||39|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Wellsville Local School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,727 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,624 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,727||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$10,624||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.