Astec Charters School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Astec Charters School District, serving 923 students.
- Public school in Astec Charters School District have an average math proficiency score of 21% (versus the Oklahoma public school average of 35%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 38% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Oklahoma public school average of 51% (majority Hispanic and American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the Oklahoma public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Astec Charters School District|
|School District Website||http://www.asteccharterschools.com|
|School District Phone Number||(405)947-6272|
|School District Grades Offered||06 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,802 Schools|
|# of Students||923 Students||696,650 Students|
|# of Teachers||43 Teachers||41,558 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
- Astec Charters School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 534 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Graduation Rate |
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 Students||95,479 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||23 Students||14,107 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||832 Students||120,322 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||33 Students||59,924 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||21 Students||339,490 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||2,485 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||64,843 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||41,785|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||52,013|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||52,434|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||51,926|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||53,697|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||52,514|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||52,387|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||148||50,509|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||152||47,986|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||156||49,538|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||128||52,380|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||114||49,202|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||114||46,564|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||111||43,715|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Astec Charters School District Public Schools (2020)
Sexting can result in dangerous consequences, including instances of suicide. Learn about what public schools and parents can do to keep students safe from the ramifications of sexting.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.