Oltman Middle School
- Oltman Middle School's student population of 681 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||681 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oltman Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1235 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Washington County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Park Pullman Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 394 students
1260 Selby Ave
Saint Paul Park, MN 55071
(651) 425-3601 0.8 K-5 394
- Minneapolis Success Academy Grades: K-6 | 80 students
8201 Park Ave. S., Suite # B
Minneapolis, MN 55420
(612) 876-3050 1.5 K-6 80
- Newport Newport Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 298 students
851 6th Ave
Newport, MN 55055
(651) 425-4301 1.6 PK-5 298
- Saint Paul Step Academy Charter School Grades: 6-12 | 249 students
835 5th St E.
Saint Paul, MN 55106
(651) 289-6120 1.6 6-12 249
- Cottage Grove Transitions Grades: 12 | 69 students
7155 80th St S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
(651) 425-7201 1.8 12 69
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.