Opal Robinson Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Opal Robinson Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Opal Robinson Elementary School's student population of 408 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Opal Robinson Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of Opal Robinson Elementary School is Manhattan Beach Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District's student population of 6,745 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,356 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 18% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,684 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 31% over four school years.
|School District Name||Manhattan Beach Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||6,745||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$64 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$59 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,356||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$8,684||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhattan Beach Pacific Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 627 students
1200 Pacific Ave.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)546-8044 0.7 K-5 627
- Manhattan Beach Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 560 students
110 S. Rowell
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)798-6223 0.9 K-5 560
- Los Angeles Girls Academic Leadership Academy (gala) Grades: PK
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(310)914-2123 1.0 PK n/a
- Hermosa Beach Hermosa View Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 576 students
1800 Prospect Ave.
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310)798-1680 1.0 K-3 576
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.