Oregon High School
- Oregon High School's student population of 422 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oregon High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2046 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oregon CUSD 220 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oregon Oregon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 766 students
1150 Jefferson St
Oregon, IL 61061
(815) 732-5300 0.1 PK-6 766
- Mount Morris David L Rahn Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 230 students
105 W Brayton Rd
Mount Morris, IL 61054
(815) 732-5300 5.3 7-8 230
- Chana Chana Education Center/rock River Grades: Inquire with school | 33 students
204 Main St
Chana, IL 61015
(815) 732-4664 6.5 Inquire with school 33
- Chana Rock River Challenge Grades: 10-12 | 12 students
Po Box 91
Chana, IL 61015
(815) 732-4664 6.5 10-12 12
- Nachusa Nachusa Campus School Grades: 12 | 50 students
Po Box 100
Nachusa, IL 61057
(815) 284-7796 8.4 12 50
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.