Rainier 13 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Rainier 13 School District, serving 949 students.
- Public school in Rainier 13 School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus Oregon public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 53% (versus 55% Oregon statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Oregon.
- The school with highest math proficiency is North Columbia Academy, with <50% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Oregon or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Rainier Jr/sr High School, with 65-69% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Oregon or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Oregon public school average of 37% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is less than the Oregon public school average of 20:1.
|School District Name||Rainier 13 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rainier.k12.or.us|
|School District Phone Number||(503)556-3777|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,260 Schools|
|# of Students||949 Students||572,041 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||28,671 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||20:1|
- Rainier 13 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 187 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||17 Students||8,440 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||22,915 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||62 Students||129,553 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||13,208 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||821 Students||360,034 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 Students||4,138 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||40 Students||33,671 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||57||41,663|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||52||42,900|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||66||44,153|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||75||45,694|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||71||45,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||58||44,817|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||77||43,484|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||71||43,770|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||67||43,516|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||86||44,084|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||89||44,557|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||76||43,097|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||104||44,491|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,168 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,058 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,168||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$10,058||$11,381|
Rainier 13 School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | OR School Rank)
- Rainier Hudson Park Elementary School 28176 Old Rainier Rd
Rainier, OR 97048
Grades: K-6 | 475 students
- Rainier North Columbia Academy 28168 Old Rainier Rd
Rainier, OR 97048
Grades: 7-12 | 41 students
- Rainier Rainier Jr/sr High School 28170 Old Rainier Rd
Rainier, OR 97048
Grades: 7-12 | 421 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.