Orleans Elementary School
Orleans Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Orleans Elementary School's student population of 125 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Orleans Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#43 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orleans Incorporated School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orleans Lake Region Uhsd #24 Grades: 9-12 | 380 students
317 Lake Region Road
Orleans, VT 05860
(802)754-6521 2.1 9-12 380
- Orleans Brownington Central School Grades: PK-8 | 117 students
103 Chase Road
Orleans, VT 05860
(802)754-8467 3.0 PK-8 117
- Irasburg Irasburg Village School Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
292 Route 58 East
Irasburg, VT 05845
(802)754-8810 3.8 PK-8 139
- Barton Barton Graded School Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
137 Church Street
Barton, VT 05822
(802)525-3636 4.3 PK-8 160
- Coventry Coventry Village School Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
348 Route 5
Coventry, VT 05825
(802)754-6464 5.0 PK-8 145
These schools are not charter schools, they are public schools.
- Posted by Teacher - Ms. W
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.