Brownington Central School
Brownington Central School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Brownington Central School's student population of 124 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brownington Central School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#64 out of 289 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brownington School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orleans Lake Region Uhsd #24 Grades: 9-12 | 394 students
317 Lake Region Road
Orleans, VT 05860
(802)754-6521 4.7 9-12 394
- Barton Barton Graded School Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
137 Church Street
Barton, VT 05822
(802)525-3636 5.3 PK-8 159
- West Charleston Charleston Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 112 students
255 Center School Road
West Charleston, VT 05872
(802)895-2915 6.0 PK-8 112
- Irasburg Irasburg Village School Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
292 Route 58 East
Irasburg, VT 05845
(802)754-8810 6.7 PK-8 134
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.