P.S. 199 Maurice A Fitzgerald
P.S. 199 Maurice A Fitzgerald places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- P.S. 199 Maurice A Fitzgerald's student population of 969 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||969 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 199 Maurice A Fitzgerald's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2729 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #24 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corona P.S. 110 Grades: K-5 | 607 students
96-18 43rd Ave
Corona, NY 11368
(718)424-8278 0.1 K-5 607
- Sunnyside Children's Lab School Grades: PK-5 | 302 students
45-46 42nd St
Sunnyside, NY 11104
(718)361-3300 0.2 PK-5 302
- Long Island City Queens Vocational And Technical High School Grades: 9-12 | 1536 students
37-02 47th Ave
Long Island City, NY 11101
(718)937-3010 0.2 9-12 1536
- Long Island City Aviation Career And Technical High School Grades: 9-12 | 2101 students
45-30 36th St
Long Island City, NY 11101
(718)361-2032 0.3 9-12 2101
- Woodside I.S. 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside Grades: 6-8 | 1507 students
46-02 47th Ave
Woodside, NY 11377
(718)937-0320 0.4 6-8 1507
Great school.,friendly teachers, hard-working staff, students of this school don't any paid tuition or tutor. Teachers doing a great job.
- Posted by Parent - asma
I found this school has a god gifted principal specially. But I found the grading system is different with different teacher. It is very important to have same grading reference. It will be very helpful for both the parents and their children if the grading system will get some improvement. For more clearly, i would like to say the concern staff to be so careful with grading. Not all the parents and children are same. Some persons are very sensitive with the grading system. It really need some improvement for the teachers about grading.
- Posted by Parent - natha
The principal Mr. Inzerillo cares about the kids and has increase the amount of after shool programs. He is so proud of the hidden and knows all their names. The teachers are always available and go above and beyond for the kids and parents.
- Posted by Parent - Bliss
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.