Payson High School
- Payson High School's student population of 673 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||673 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Payson High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1494 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Payson Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pine Pine Strawberry Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
3868 N. Pine Creek Dr.
Pine, AZ 85544
(928)476-3283 12.5 PK-8 122
- Payson The Shelby School Grades: K-10 | 35 students
249 W. Standage Drive
Payson, AZ 85547
(928)478-0322 12.9 K-10 35
- Tonto Basin Tonto Basin Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 68 students
445 S. Old Hwy 188
Tonto Basin, AZ 85553
(928)479-2277 21.0 PK-8 68
- Young Young Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 20 students
Hwy 288 Baker Ranch Rd.
Young, AZ 85554
(928)462-3244 23.2 PK-8 20
- Prescott Valley Pace Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 107 students
6711 East 2nd Street
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
(928)775-0719 37.4 9-12 107
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.