8901 Pearson Ranch Rd
Austin, TX 78717
Rating
10/
10
Top 5%
Pearson Ranch Middle School serves 668 students in grades 6-8.
Pearson Ranch Middle School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 78% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 72% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).

Top Rankings

Pearson Ranch Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades 6-8
Total Students
668 students
Gender %
This chart display gender of Pearson Ranch Middle School
Total Classroom Teachers
52 teachers
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Pearson Ranch Middle School by grade.

School Rankings

Pearson Ranch Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pearson Ranch Middle School is 0.71, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
This School
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#370 out of 8043 schools
(Top 5%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Pearson Ranch Middle School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
78%
51%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Pearson Ranch Middle School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Texas by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
72%
47%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Pearson Ranch Middle School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Texas by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio
13:1
15:1
American Indian
n/a
1%
Asian
39%
4%
Hispanic
17%
52%
Black
6%
13%
White
34%
28%
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
4%
2%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Pearson Ranch Middle School.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in TX.
Diversity Score
0.71
National School Lunch Program
Yes
Eligible for Free Lunch
14%
53%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
1%
5%
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Pearson Ranch Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Nearby Homes for Sale

Recent Articles

Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.

Quick Stats (2022)

  • Grades: 6-8
  • Students: 668 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
  • Minority Enrollment: 66%
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 5% in TX
  • Math Proficiency
    : 78% (Top 5%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 72% (Top 10%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.71

Related School Videos

Quick Links