Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School
Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School's student population of 1,025 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,025 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1173 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Senn High School Grades: 9-12 | 1411 students
5900 N Glenwood Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
(773)534-2365 0.4 9-12 1411
- Chicago Swift Elementary Specialty School Grades: PK-8 | 676 students
5900 N Winthrop Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
(773)534-2695 0.6 PK-8 676
- Chicago Goudy Technology Academy Grades: PK-8 | 727 students
5120 N Winthrop Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
(773)534-2480 0.7 PK-8 727
This is our first year and Pierce where we have a child in Kindergarten. We have been quite happy. We are involved in both the Parent Teach Organization and the Local School Council. We live out of the neighborhood and applied to be admitted to Peirce. Our daughter looks forward to attending class daily and the teachers we have interacted with have been helpful and show a great deal of concern for the children. The school has been enjoying increasing test scores year to year, and in our opinion, is focused on maintaining that upward trend. We have another child entering pre-school at Peirce next year and we plan to remain involved. We expect to see continued community involvement and look forward to seeing new parents join as well as the continued involvement of many long term parents.
- Posted by Parent - troyh
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.