Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School
- Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School's student population of 1,018 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,018 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peirce Elementary Intl Studies School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1680 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City Of Chicago 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Senn High School Grades: 9-12 | 1449 students
5900 N Glenwood Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
(773)534-2365 0.4 9-12 1449
- Chicago Swift Elementary Specialty School Grades: PK-8 | 706 students
5900 N Winthrop Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
(773)534-2695 0.6 PK-8 706
- Chicago Goudy Technology Academy Grades: PK-8 | 717 students
5120 N Winthrop Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
(773)534-2480 0.7 PK-8 717
This is our first year and Pierce where we have a child in Kindergarten. We have been quite happy. We are involved in both the Parent Teach Organization and the Local School Council. We live out of the neighborhood and applied to be admitted to Peirce. Our daughter looks forward to attending class daily and the teachers we have interacted with have been helpful and show a great deal of concern for the children. The school has been enjoying increasing test scores year to year, and in our opinion, is focused on maintaining that upward trend. We have another child entering pre-school at Peirce next year and we plan to remain involved. We expect to see continued community involvement and look forward to seeing new parents join as well as the continued involvement of many long term parents.
- Posted by Parent - troyh
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.