- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,152 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 20%
- Graduation Rate: 83% (Btm 50% in AL)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 17% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 21% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
- Pell City High School is the only high school serving the Pell City School system.
- The school offers an advanced diploma track that allows students to take honors classes in math, and the sciences, and honors or AP classes in english, and history. The school also offers an excellent gifted program. Generally however the school is not considered on par academically with some of the larger Birmingham area schools such as Hoover High School and Mountain Brook High School.
- Sports: The Pell City School colors are black and Gold and their mascot is the Panthers. The Panthers participate in 6A level sports and are one of the smallest schools in the Division. Despite this their football team has continually advanced to the playoffs since 2003 under the leadership of head coach and athletic director Jay Brown. The Panthers also field teams in; men's and woman's Soccer, and Basketball, Baseball, and Softball, Men's Golf, and Woman's Volleyball. Their band is a top rated performer. The "Marching Band of Gold" regularly competes on the state band circuit and regulary bring home honors. Finally they field several academic teams including Scholars Bowl and Math Team.
- Clubs: Pell City High School offers many after and during school clubs. Year book and the school newspaper called the "Panther Paw" are two popular one. In addition the School offers National Beta Club, Key Club, S.A.D.D (Students against Destructive Decisions) and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pell City High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
What is the graduation rate of Pell City High School?
How many students attend Pell City High School?
What is the racial composition of the student body?
What is the student:teacher ratio of Pell City High School?
What grades does Pell City High School offer ?
What school district is Pell City High School part of?
Review Pell City High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities