McGuffey SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by McGuffey SD School District serving 502 students in Claysville, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
McGuffey SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Claysville Mcguffey High School86 Mcguffey Drive
Claysville, PA 15323
Grades: 9-12 | 502 students
|School District Name||McGuffey SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,630 students|
|# of Teachers||129 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||835 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||795 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,574 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||34 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||144|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||125|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||110|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||125|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||145|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- McGuffey SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,090 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,804 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$30 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$30 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,090||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,804||$12,924|
After massive budget cuts and claims of economic inequity within the state’s public school system, districts are taking matters in their own hands and suing the state for the mess.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.