Tyrone Area SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Tyrone Area SD School District serving 1,361 students in Tyrone, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Tyrone Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,361 students|
|# of Teachers||87 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||692 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||669 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||20 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,296 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||171|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||145|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Tyrone Area SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,241 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,347 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,241||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,347||$12,924|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.