Pershing Park Elementary School
Pershing Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Pershing Park Elementary School's student population of 609 students has declined by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||609 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pershing Park Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4580 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Killeen Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Hood Venable Village Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 591 students
60160 Venable Rd
Fort Hood, TX 76544
(254) 336-1980 0.8 PK-5 591
- Killeen Bellaire Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 551 students
108 W Jasper
Killeen, TX 76542
(254) 336-1410 0.9 PK-5 551
- Killeen Sugar Loaf Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 447 students
1517 Barbara Ln
Killeen, TX 76549
(254) 336-1940 0.9 PK-5 447
- Killeen Maxdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 731 students
2600 Westwood Dr
Killeen, TX 76549
(254) 336-2460 1.3 PK-5 731
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.