Peterson Elementary School
Peterson Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Peterson Elementary School's student population of 594 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||594 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peterson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2281 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Public s of Robeson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Red Springs Red Springs High School Grades: 9-12 | 781 students
509 N Vance Street
Red Springs, NC 28377
(910)843-4211 0.8 9-12 781
- Maxton Oxendine Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 311 students
5599 Oxendine School Rd
Maxton, NC 28364
(910)843-4243 4.0 PK-6 311
- Shannon Rex-rennert Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 480 students
11780 Rennert Road
Shannon, NC 28386
(910)843-5298 6.0 PK-5 480
- Pembroke Union Chapel Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 601 students
4271 Union Chapel Road
Pembroke, NC 28372
(910)521-4456 7.4 PK-6 601
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.