Phantom Lake Elementary School
Phantom Lake Elementary School serves 458 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Phantom Lake Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Washington for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 61%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Washington state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Washington state average of 49% (majority Hispanic and Asian).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 458 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 64%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in WA
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WA Dept. of Education
Phantom Lake Elementary School's student population of 458 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Phantom Lake Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,052 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Phantom Lake Elementary School is 0.75, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (WA)
Overall Testing Rank
#297 out of 2052 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WA Dept. of Education
Review Phantom Lake Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.