Pilot Knob Stem Magnet School
- Pilot Knob Stem Magnet School's student population of 395 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pilot Knob Stem Magnet School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#244 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West St. Paul-Mendota Hts.-Eagan School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Glacier Hills School - Arts/science Grades: K-5 | 761 students
3825 Glacier Dr
Saint Paul, MN 55123
(651) 683-8570 2.2 K-5 761
- Saint Paul Black Hawk Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 893 students
1540 Deerwood Dr
Saint Paul, MN 55122
(651) 683-8521 2.5 6-8 893
- Saint Paul Deerwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 689 students
1480 Deerwood Dr
Saint Paul, MN 55122
(651) 683-6801 2.5 K-5 689
- Saint Paul Friendly Hills Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 742 students
701 Mendota Heights Rd
Saint Paul, MN 55120
(651) 403-7601 2.9 5-8 742
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.