- Plainview School's student population of 1,210 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,210 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Plainview School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#506 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Plainview School is Alternative School (1.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Payne Alternative School Grades: 5-12
155 20th Street Ne
Fort Payne, AL 35967
(256) 845-3711 1.1 5-12 n/a
- Rainsville Dekalb Annex School Grades: K-12
409 E Main St
Rainsville, AL 35986
(256) 638-4131 1.2 K-12 n/a
- Fyffe Fyffe High School Grades: PK-12 | 936 students
153 Church St
Fyffe, AL 35971
(256) 623-2116 5.3 PK-12 936
- Sylvania Sylvania School Grades: K-12 | 951 students
133 2nd Street N
Sylvania, AL 35988
(256) 638-2030 5.6 K-12 951
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.