Pleasant Hill School
- Pleasant Hill School's student population of 231 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pleasant Hill School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calhoun County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grantsville Calhoun-gilmer Career Center Grades: PK-12
5260 East Little Kanawha Hwy
Grantsville, WV 26147
(304)354-6151 4.2 PK-12 n/a
- Mount Zion Calhoun Middle/High School Grades: 5-12 | 584 students
50 Underwood Circle
Mount Zion, WV 26151
(304)354-6148 8.3 5-12 584
- Smithville Smithville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
157 Main Street
Smithville, WV 26178
(304)477-3273 9.1 PK-5 125
- Arnoldsburg Arnoldsburg School Grades: PK-4 | 236 students
90 Spring Run Road
Arnoldsburg, WV 25234
(304)655-8616 11.8 PK-4 236
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.