Pleasant Ridge Elementary School
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School serves 243 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 37%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Kansas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School's student population of 243 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Pleasant Ridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,267 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pleasant Ridge Elementary School is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#57 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KS Dept. of Education
This school I great I really like it and I think we should have good reviews because it's such a great school.
Review Pleasant Ridge Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.