Pleasant Valley Elementary School
Pleasant Valley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Pleasant Valley Elementary School's student population of 227 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pleasant Valley Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#853 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washingtion County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brunswick Brunswick Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 703 students
400 Central Ave
Brunswick, MD 21716
(240) 236-2900 3.4 PK-5 703
- Harpers Ferry Harpers Ferry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 640 students
1710 West Washington Street
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
(304) 535-6357 4.9 6-8 640
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.