Plymouth High School
Plymouth High School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Plymouth High School's student population of 330 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Plymouth High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Plymouth High School is Washington County s School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Washington County s School District's student population of 1,623 students has decreased by 10% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80-84% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,268 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,216 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has grown by 12% over four school years.
|School District Name||Washington County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||1,623||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||80-84%|
|District Total Revenue||$24 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$24 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,268||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$13,216||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plymouth Pines Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 641 students
3177 Us Hwy 64e
Plymouth, NC 27962
(252)793-1137 1.6 PK-5 641
- Jamesville Norast Regional School - Biotech/agri Grades: 9-12 | 209 students
1215 Saint Andrews St
Jamesville, NC 27846
(252)792-0241 3.5 9-12 209
- Windsor Windsor Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 402 students
104 Cooper Hill Road
Windsor, NC 27983
(252)794-5221 14.1 PK-5 402
- Windsor Heritage Collegiate Leadership Academy Grades: K-4 | 288 students
118-b County Farm Road
Windsor, NC 27983
(252)794-0597 15.1 K-4 288