Potomac Elementary School
Potomac Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Potomac Elementary School's student population of 156 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Potomac Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1094 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Potomac CUSD 10 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Armstrong Armstrong-ellis Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 73 students
Po Box 7
Armstrong, IL 61812
(217)569-2115 4.4 K-8 73
- Armstrong Armstrong High School Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
Armstrong, IL 61812
(217)569-2122 4.6 9-12 134
- Danville Oakwood Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 153 students
21600 N 900 East Rd
Danville, IL 61834
(217)443-2883 7.9 7-8 153
- Rossville Rossville-alvin Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
350 N Chicago St
Rossville, IL 60963
(217)748-6666 8.4 PK-8 296
- Bismarck Bismarck-henning Junior High School Grades: 5-8 | 252 students
Po Box 350
Bismarck, IL 61814
(217)759-7301 9.7 5-8 252
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.